Tuesday, February 17, 2009

JADEN MY JADEN




Jaden My Jaden
I wanted to write about my little lad but there's so much to say about him I just figured I'd do what i do when I have too many words and no sentences. I write Poems. Let me give it a try, see how long this takes. 03:07am


Part Of Me.
Hmm Jaden my baby, glad we talk on the phone.
My heart feels much better knowing you're not alone.
I was just thinking about all the preparation,
always need to tell you days before our separation
And every time you say you must come where I go
It feels so bad so have to reply with a 'No'
Because I'd love to take you, I'd love you to be with me
But right now it's not possible, unfortunately.
Part of me just hates to leave you at home,
while I travel all over the world on my own.
Part of me never wants me separate from you,
but this is our life... this IS what we do.
I hate sneaking away so you don't see me go,
hate leaving you at grandmas so my tears don't show.
Hate wondering and waiting for morning your time
Then falling asleep before you get home in mine.
It's hard on Mummy but I know it's harder on you
Don't know when I'll come back, I'm sure you're confused.
You'll be happy for a while but then sadness sets in.
You see me on TV, you will me to win.
"Can I go see Mummy?" you ask all with an ear
The question most dreaded, the question they fear.
And yet, the answer keeps staying the same
No Mummy today, no trips on a plane.
But Mummy just wants to make your life better,
that's why I run, that's why I write this letter.
But all I can do is pray that one day
all your sacrifice will be worth it
All the fear gone away
No separation anxiety
worry is gone
tears all dried up... time to hang up the phone.
03:37 Nite Jaden

1 comment: